Monday 2 November 2009

Leicester Rooftops, you need permision...apparantly?

I remember before I started this course one of the things I was looking forward to was doing the research for projects, so why hav'nt I been getting out there to do this!

So for my rooftop project I decided this morning to go out and get some reference, obviously rooftops wer'nt going to be the easiest thing to get to, but then I had a brain wave, whats a tall building that always has an open top floor assesable... multi story car parks!

So i went out expecting to maybe get 40 or 50 photos, but just on the first one i ended up taking loads, and from that vantage point I saw other places I could get to, and I've ended up with almost 200 photos, what a score.

I found where random crates and pallets exist outside games!

If that was my fire exit, I think take my chances with the fire!

Then I got to the Highcross roof carpark, and up there must be the largest airconditioning systems you can get. Got a fair few photos from there but a lot of the units and more exciting stuff was behind metal panals, but being only 5 foot high panaels it was'nt too hard to look over the top. Then I found one where the gate was open, so I had quick sneak inside for some photos, but obviously as I come out I see two people in high vis jackets, and so quickly moved on. Took some more photos around and then about 5 minuets later a guy comes up to me and say's "you alright", "yeah im fine thanks just doing some research", "you need permision to take photos up here". Urm okay well as i've photographed it all I just said oh okay thats no problem and moved on. He did then follow me to the lift and ask to see the photo's, I thought he was going to ask me to delete then but I played the student card so got away with it. Getting research is fun!

Behind unlocked gates!

Haymarket Aircon, well i never!

No comments: