Wednesday 3 December 2008

Charater Project

Just to contradict my last blog this one is all about a charter project, which is actually pretty fun. So development process was, go to pub, draw character, develop character, develop anatomy skills, make model. Well that’s it in a nut shell, here are some pictures of it all though.

So after a few little sketches I got an idea of what kind of character I wanted, it's the typical old guy drinking his pint in a bar, you could just imagine his whole back story as his sitting there, old people are so more interesting that younger people.


Drawing faces has never been a strong point of mine, which is why I’ve shied away from it, so when I came to draw the face for this character I knew it wouldn’t be easy. I started by drawing what i thought the face would look like, then looked at some Andrew Loomis books for how to correctly draw a face/head and discovered how wrong I was. so I gave it another go and got a better outcome, although it's not exactly how I envisioned it I’ve had a great learning outcome from this and have then took this a step further and make a 3d clay (sculpey really) model of him which was amazing fun, something I defiantly need to get more into.

No comments: