Thursday 29 May 2008

Week Twenty-Four - Been A Blast

So that’s it, first year done with, moving onto the second year soon, oh how scary this is all becoming! I am really looking forward to the second year, this past year has been a blast, I’ve learnt so many things, and not just technical skills, but also mentally such as how to learn and approach things, understanding theory’s and then actually putting them into practice, it’s all been so valuable and I’m extremely happy I chose this course, as I know there are many course out there that don’t allow you to grow and prosper, so for this I have the teachers to thank, and also everyone else on the course as I’ve found you learn a lot from just being in the labs and talking to people.

I think next year I’m actually looking more forward to the 2D visual side of the course, which is not what I thought when I started the course, in fact before I started I didn’t think there’d be much drawing involved and we’d be sitting in front of a screen all day (although I do do that a lot). Hopefully there will be more outings as they always seem to end up with the best results, as well as being a lot more fun. I know it’s difficult with all health and safety form the uni heads, but if we get to go out further than just Leicester that would be great and very beneficial so I think these are things that should be pushed.

There was a mention of maybe looking at more film side, as the two are very closely linked yet. And from the start of the year I have said I’d love to get into the film side at some point. Im not completely sure at the moment now but that’s mainly because I don’t know much about the film industry, and I know the modelling is different, so if that’s something we could get a chance to look at I’d love that.

I plan to keep my self busy over the summer with modelling, got a few little projects in mind, but I also need to remember to keep drawing so I don’t loose what I’ve learnt this year, as I know next year it’s going to be straight back into it and having to step up a gear, still should be good though!

No comments: