Monday 15 October 2007

First Impressions of Game Art

So it's the start of the third week of the course and it looks like it's shaping up to be a damn good 3 years. I like the idea of doing a blog assignment every week instead of a thousand word essays as I’m useless at them, so thought I'd just give my first blog a go now, do enjoy!


There is a lot more of the artistic side to the course such as observational drawings and concept art on Photoshop, which I wasn’t actually expecting but I’m really happy it's there as I was staring to miss 'proper art' lol. But saying that as much as I enjoy doing drawing and the like, I can see it being a lot of work, Chris has already emplaced his fear lol, but as he said it's all work worth doing to develop further in the course and the industry.

I think the first things the second years told us was "3DS Max, you will probably hate it right away, but learn to love it over time", lol I can already seeing this becoming very true. The water cooler project showed us this, as last lesson we were all shouting at our pc's for it not doing what we said, but I think we all came out with something we were proud of.

So yeah it's all shaping up nicely and I look forward to some more game art mayhem in the coming weeks, Jason.

P.S. I thought you'd all just like to know (especially Mike) it's my cats birthday on the 5th of November, she's called Nala and she'll be about 14 years old, enjoy the picture!!


Nala's the ginger one on the right, the other one is keema.

No comments: